Saturday, March 26, 2011

Write...

Welcome to my first blog post. Here I will talk about writing, writers, inspiration, music, books, bookstores, etc. Anything about writing that comes to my mind.
So let's start off with writing itself.
Writing is an art. Like singing, dancing, drawing, painting, etc... writing expresses the way we feel. A quick way to express your feelings with writing is poetry. I often find that writing a quick poem whenever I'm mad or sad really makes me feel better. Helps me blow off steam if you will.
Also, it entertains others and makes them feel like they're not the only one's feeling what they are feeling.
My point? If you like writing, pursue your passion. People will always be reading. There will always be that one lonesome girl/ boy who belongs nowhere else but in a book. I know lots of people like that. Even though I'm not lonesome, I know that I live in books.
 So now that I've said that, what is this writers loft about? It's for people who like writing and reading and just want to hang out.
Like coffee? Here have a cup. Sit back and enjoy.
Oh and I'll be sharing some poetry with you if you like that sort of thing.
Also, I will be assigning you things to write to practice. No need to show it to me. Just write it and tell me that you did if you want. Topic #1 Your cat keeps meowing at you while you do homework. What does it want? Will you follow it?
And some relaxing or inspiring songs will be given to you as well.
 Here's a song I want you to hear. The Calculation by Regina Spektor. If you have a song you would like to see on this blog just say and I might put it up. Until next time.


Anya.

1 comment:

  1. hi! I found you through derek's blog. Anyways, I would really love to see more prompts, I was really happy with what I got from the first one. :) Thanks!
    p.s. I love regina spektor, my favorite song is "Samson". For other music, I like the decemberists or death cab for cutie. "Sometime around Midnight" is like pure emotion condensed into a song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m53cWa-CdUg

    ReplyDelete